After the accident
in case of a minor damage to the vehicles, the traffic police doesn't usually carry out an inspection at the site of the accident. Thus, before removing the vehicles from the scene of the accident to allow for the unobstructed flow of traffic, we recommend photographing the positions of the vehicles and the the accident scene both from close distance and further away in order to document the traces of braking, broken remains of pavement or other road infrastructure, damage to vehicles etc.
Once you have removed your vehicle from the place of the accident, you should sign the European Accident Statement Report together with the other participants in the accident, and all parties must share their personal information and the information regarding their vehicles. Signing the European Accident Statement does not constitute any admition of guilt, and its purpose is exclusively to gather information about the accident. Drivers must not leave the scene of the accident until they complete the European Accident Statement. A supplementary description of the accident may be attached to the European Accident Statement Report on an additional sheet of paper.
Calling the traffic police is mandatory in the following circumstances:
- Loss of life or injury to any of the participants in the traffic accident. In this case, immediately call for emergency medical help
- occurrence of extensive damage to the vehicle or a vehicle which cannot be driven
- there is no clear or explicit guilt to one of the participants in the accident
- collision with an uninsured vehicle
- collision with a vehicle with foreign license plates
- driver under influence of alcohol of one of the vehicles which was involved in the accident
- driving without a driving license
The damage to the vehicle must be unchanged until the claim for registration of damage has been submitted to the insurer and until the arrival of an appraisal specialist from the insurance company to assess the damage.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our team of professionals at: firstname.lastname@example.org