FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

1. Am I covered by my insurance policy against an accident when I am abroad?

With the insurance policy against accidents you are covered everywhere regardless of the hour of day or the country of your stay. Your policy is valid 24 hours a day even if you are abroad.

2. How long after I've had an accident can I report the damage?

The time limit for reporting the accident is determined by the severity of the injuries that the customer sustained. As a rule, you should report the damage to Croatia Insurance within three months from the date of the harmful event. For more detailed information about the damage you can consult our professional team at: steti@crosig.mk.

3. In case I switch to your company, will you acknowledge the discounts that I've had at my former insurance company?

The standard procedure requires a full examination of the vehicle by the National Bureau of R.M. If no damage is found after the inspection, all of your acquired discounts will be transferred.

4. Is the Casco Insurance Policy valid in case of change of ownership of the vehicle?

In the case of change of ownership of the insured vehicle during the duration of the Casco insurance, the policy ceases to be valid and the rights and the obligations which are stated by the policy shall not be transmitted to the new owner. The unused portion of the premium shall be returned to the previous owner (if no damage is reported) and the new owner purchases a new insurance policy.

5. What should I do in case of an accident?

In case of an accident it is necessary to pay attention to the following key notes in order to eliminate the possibility of further inconvenience:

  • immediately inform the police and call for ambulance if there are injured;
  • do not move anything which can help the authorities compile the police report on the accident;
  • take all possible measures to protect your vehicle from additional damage;
  • Try to document all the details about the accident, especially names of the people involved in the accident or possible witnesses, registration plates and insurance companies of all the vehicles which were directly or indirectly involved in the accident, and the numbers of the pins (identity cards) of the police officers who were present at the scene of the accident;
  • insist that the Police officers perform a breathalyser test;
  • Ask the officer about the procedure of acquiring a copy of the police record;
  • if your vehicle has a Casco insurance, you can report the damage directly to your insuring agency;
  • if you do not have a Casco policy insurance, you will have to submit your compensation claim to the insurance company of the person who according to the police report is responsible to have caused the accident.

6. How do you determine the value of a building which is subject to insurance?

The value of the buildings is determined by their value of construction, i.e. it is usually the amount which in case of a damage would be sufficient to rebuild the building to its original condition.

7. What are the risks that are covered by the combined home insurance?

The Home Insurance of residential premises covers different risks and therefore it is called "combined". This type of insurance covers:

  • the main risks which include: fire, lightning strike, explosion, flood caused by water and sewage installations, storm, hail, impact of the client's own vehicle, aircraft crash, riots and demonstrations;
  • insurance against burglary and robbery of goods that are located in the place of habitation;
  • Third Party Liability in case of causing harm to an adjacent housing;
  • Costs of necessary accommodation and, in case of total damage, if there are no suitable conditions for habitation in the insured object, the insurance company should pay a compensation fee to the household for accomodation in another object.

8. What does the term deductible or participation in damage mean and is there a way to avoid it?

The term deductible refers to the participation of the insured in the amount of money paid to compensate for the damage. For example, if a Casco Insurance is purchased with a deductible of €200, and the damage amounts to €300, the insured shall be paid only €100 from the insurance company because his participation (deductible) is €200. In some cases the deductible can be purchased by paying an additional premium. In some types of insurance the client can choose the amount of the deductible which affects accordingly the amount of the premium.